Monday, January 15, 2007

Loving Leo more

I just watched Blood Diamond, and I must say, my boy Leo rocked! :-)


I've endured years of teasing from my friends (some of whom claim that Leo's acting is mediocre at best), but with Blood Diamond, my boy redeemed me! He has shown his gift as an actor. His performance in Blood Diamond as the emotionally-calloused Danny Archer was powerful and convincing without being over-the-top. He played the role so naturally that I forgot it was Leo Dicaprio onscreen (this says a lot considering the guy makes my heart beat five times faster at the mere sight of him).

Schoolgirl crush aside, Leo did well in Blood Diamond, and I hope he wins an Oscar for this one. He deserves it.

P.S.
The movie is a really good watch. It gives the viewers a glimpse of the Civil War that ensued in Sierra Leone over the so-called conflict diamonds.

2 comments:

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

In my review of The Departed, I admitted that Leo has finally grown up and matured as an actor. Blood Diamond helped confirm it. However, his muddled South African accent was really distracting (he lapsed into British and Australian at certain points), much like his Boston drawl faltered in The Departed. He should just stay away from roles that require him to talk funny. :p

I honestly thought he'd finally win a Golden Globe for either of the abovementioned performances, but I'm happy Forest Whitaker won, hehe. Maybe your boy will fare better at the Oscars. :)

P.S. When I first saw the title of your post, I thought you were talking about Angelo. Hahaha.

eternaloptimist said...

I must admit, I too got a bit distracted with the accent. I initially thought the character he was playing was British. Hahahaha. :-) But all in all, my boy rocked! ;-) Hehehehe.

P.S. you should know better ling. If it were about Angelo, the title wouldn't be as mushy... ;-)