Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rumors and the bar exams...

It has always been like this. Rumors there, rumors here, rumors everywhere.

I consider myself to be a level-headed individual. During crunch time, I hardly get frazzled (allow me to borrow your favorite word, Maf) and I'm usually the calm one. Rumors barely bother me, as I'm a firm believer in cold, hard facts.

My preparation for the bar however, was a different ballgame altogether. Weirdly, almost every little rumor had me panicking (and there were at least a hundred rumors during that time! From the identity of the examiners to the coverage of the exams... You name it, and I'm sure there was a rumor about it). Needless to say, I had my fair share of panic attacks during that time (you can ask my friends who were bothered by my frantic text messages and phone calls).
I must admit though, that relative to my fellow barristers, I would still be classified as "the calm one". Hehehe. :-)

Now, after almost 6 months, the rumors are once again starting. This time, the rumors are about the date of the release of the bar exam results (March 22, 23, 27, 29... ARGH!). A few weeks ago, I would be able to laugh this off. Unlike my other friends who've had panic attacks as early as October (we took the bar, September!)
, I've been calmly (a part of me is actually eager and excited) waiting for the release of the bar exam results. These past few days however, I can actually feel my heart beating quite fast. I don't know if this is the beginning of a panic surge, or a mere acknowledgment of the fact that the rumored dates are nearing. For sure, the dark cloud looming over every barrister's head is getting darker with each day, and after much waiting (and hoping and praying, in my case at least) we'll know if our dream of becoming a lawyer (childhood dream for me!) will become a reality or not...

3 comments:

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Let me know as soon as the results are released, ok? :) Hang in there Yangers! You'll be Atty. Quimson soon enough. =D

eternaloptimist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eternaloptimist said...

Thanks, ling. :-) Hay I really just want them to release the results. It's something I want to get over with asap! ;-) Hehehe.