Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Random Thought and Rant

Random Thought

Earlier today, I received a rather passionate text from my friend. Instead of sharing his sentiments, I couldn't help but be amused. Here's the story. While he was surfing the net (more like snooping actually), he chanced upon the blog (or something like that. Hehehe.) of his ex's current beau. While going through this, he found out that the current beau uses the same pet name my friend coined for his ex. My friend feels betrayed (hence, the slew of rather passionate text messages).

I kind of see where his anger is coming from, after all, it has been barely 4 months since the break-up. Nonetheless, I cannot help but get amused. Is there an unwritten rule among exes nowadays that prohibits the recycling of pet names? Are pet names automatically copyrighted? :-) Haha. My friend keeps on saying that I'm missing the point, that the whole thing is about respect for what they had, and for what they shared.
Isn't is amusing to see how something so trivial can bring about so much Freudian psychoanalysis? Ahhh... The joys of human relations. Hehehe.

I think my friend is over-analyzing things. I honestly don't think his ex is the type to analyze the implications of recycling pet names. I can even bet my ass his ex doesn't give a damn about how special their past is or whatnot. What does he expect from a person who jumped into another relationship eight (8) friggin' days after their break-up? This person did not even dignify their break-up, I seriously doubt if he'd fuss over the re-use of my friend's pet name. Hay, to my friend, there are just some battles not worth fighting... :-)

Rant

This had my blood pressure rise.

Scenario: Me, sandwiched between girl A and girl B while having dinner.
Girl A: B, do you remember what you said to your boyfriend yesterday night? (Note: I wasn't with them that night)
Girl B: Uhm no...
Girl A: OMG. You were such a bad girlfriend.
Girl B: Why? What did I say?
Girl A: Uhm...
(looks at me)
Hay naku, let's talk about it later na lang
... Basta you were so bad.
Girl B: What did I say nga? I don't think it was that bad.
Girl A: Remind me later na lang... Later na. Basta it was bad.


Yes. I was in the middle of that conversation. And it was so hard not to face Girl A and ask, you want me to leave so that you can continue with your supposedly "private conversation"? Geez! If I wasn't supposed to know what she was talking about, then she shouldn't have brought it up in my presence. I'm probably overreacting but I hate it when people do that. I think it's really rude. I'm a believer that if a matter is private then it shouldn't be brought up in front of people who are not supposed to hear or know about it. Isn't that a fundamental rule in human relations?!

No comments: