Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I live for moments like this...

Every time I find my little boy awake before I leave for work, I usually kiss and hug him before I say goodbye. Normally, this annoys him as my kiss-and-hug isn't your normal kiss and hug routine, it's actually more like a kiss-kiss-hug-kiss-kiss-kiss-really-tight-hug-kiss-an-even-tighter-hug routine. His reaction notwithstanding, I do that to him every time I say goodbye.

This morning, my little boy was preparing for his bath when I went up to him and said my usual goodbye. As I was walking away from the bathroom, I heard my little boy call out "Mommy!", so I looked back and saw him running towards me, arms outstretched. His yaya who was walking behind him said, "Ate, gusto pa daw ng lambing." I gladly yielded to his request and hugged him. After hugging him, my little boy gave me a kiss on the cheek... Haaaaaay, bliss!

After that, I stood up and he walked away from me, towards the bathroom. He had taken just a few steps when I heard him call out again, "Mommy!" I turned to see him, and I saw him walking towards me, with his lips puckered (What a sight that was!)... Again, I gladly gave in to his request and planted a kiss on his lips, coupled with an extra tight hug. After my kiss and hug, he happily walked towards the bathroom. While doing so, he kept on blowing me kisses and repetitiously said "Ba-bye! Ba-bye! See you later, ma!" until I was out of his sight... Haaaay. The joy of it all. Moments like this just goes to show that life is good, indeed. :-)

2 comments:

dizzyme said...

were you talking about angelo? hahaha, just kidding. ang cute naman ni joaquin =)

eternaloptimist said...

Pag si angelo, little chinaman, hindi little boy. Hehehe. :-)