Sunday, April 22, 2007

Laglagan na...

A friend once asked me how I am able to cut-off certain people from my life. The answer is simple: self-preservation. Human instinct dictates that we protect ourselves from any form of pain and hurt. So in my book, hurting me badly would only mean one thing: laglagan na.

This is not to say that I easily quit on people, because I don't. It takes an enormous amount of pain before I do this. But yes, I am human, and I have my limits. Needless to say, when I've reached my tipping point there's no turning back. Laglagan na talaga and no amount of wooing will win me back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang. Taray. Ng. Lola. Ko!

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

It's like amputating a limb that's infected with gangrene. As painful as it may be, you just have to do it to keep on living.

eternaloptimist said...

Exactly! There are just certain things (or people, for that matter) in life that have to be cut-off for one reason or another... :-)