Thursday, April 19, 2007

Distance and why its good

Some people just can't seem to understand the concept of healthy distance. I don't know if it's brought about by guilt or what, but some people just can't seem to stay away.

Case in point, a friend of mine had his heart badly broken by his girlfriend (now, ex-girlfriend) who dumped him for another guy. After almost a year since she broke up with him, the girl still keeps on making her presence felt with her regular "How are you?" texts and whatnots. I don't know if I'm from another generation or world altogether, but definitely, in a situation like this it would be better for the girl to just stay away and keep her distance. It is clear that she has made her choice not to be with my friend, so why not stick to that choice and just leave him alone?

Others might defend what she's doing and say that she's just being a friend. To that, this I say: CRAP! That is a very limited and shallow concept of friendship. Friendship, like love, is about wanting and doing what's best for the other regardless of the pain and discomfort. Friendship is NOT about staying close. What she's doing to my friend is not about friendship, its about guilt and selfishness. She is so consumed with guilt that's why she feels the need to check up on my friend. In her shallow mind, she's probably thinking that by asking him how he is and having dinners with him she's helping him cope with the pain she caused him. Hello! If only human emotions were that simple. As my dear friend once said, the source of pain cannot be the same source of comfort. She should deal with her guilt somewhere else and allow my friend to heal and move on without her. What she's doing is just so mean...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

dizzyme said...

hmmm, wonder who this friend is...

eternaloptimist said...

To my pretty friend Camillo,

Thank you for validating my sentiments. Hehehehe. *mwah*

eternaloptimist said...

Miss Dizzyme,

I shall tell you who I'm talking about when we talk. Remind me ha.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the latest collection of LV bags (1920's inspired)? As usual, nakakaloka!

eternaloptimist said...

Saan pwede i-view ang latest LV collection? :-) Excited ako!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lumabas siya sa Philippine Star nung Wednesday ata. Tignan mo rin sa official site ng LV or sa eLuxury.