Friday, June 15, 2007

Worst week at work so far

I survived this week! Boy, am I extra thankful for this fact. This being the week when I committed my worst-ever professional blunders (hopefully this will be the last!).

First blunder, I totally forgot about a Memorandum (a pleading you submit to the court which basically summarizes the entire case, i.e. one hell of an important pleading!) due on June 14. This is how it happened: The associate who handled the case
before me (Damned tax case at that!) handed me her draft three (3) weeks before the deadline, but I was too busy with my other work that I never bothered to check it or browse though it (Yes! Stupid of me! I knoooooooow). Then came the evening of June 12, when I realize I missed the office deadline. PANIC struck, so I merely fixed the format of the draft and submitted the darned thing to my boss... BIG MISTAKE!!! As it turns out, the Memorandum was lacking in soooooooo many areas... So there. At 8am on June 14, I was seated in my boss' office and a sermon (I deserved as much) was delivered in my favor. Thankfully, we had a pending Motion with the court, so we had a valid reason for requesting for an extension of time to file the blasted Memorandum. Whew!

Second (and equally as stupid) blunder, I received an order from the Court of Tax Appeals denying admission of certain documents as evidence (Yes! Another damned tax case!!! My loooooooove for tax is haunting me! Hahaha). I looked at the ground for the denial and I saw that it was based on the fact that the said documents were not submitted to the court. Stupid me, instead of looking for the documents, just ignored the order and left it lying on my messy desk... Lo and behold, my boss asked for an update on the case... Let's just say, upon hearing my response, his reaction was... Errrrrr... Passionate... Very Passionate... It's so passionate that I'm dragging my silly ass to the CTA on Monday to check every piece of document in their possession, my being asthmatic notwithstanding... Hahaha.

In spite all these, I'm still enjoying my work. Yes, occasional blunders, "passionate reactions" and all, I still love my job. I just need to buy me a yummy Wagyu steak meal... or a really nice bag... or shoes... to nurse my badly damaged ego. Haha.

P.S. Many thanks to my blockmate, turned official nguynguyan, Mr. Baker! ;-) Alam kong hindi naman plinano na ikaw ang maging nguynguyan ko, but you live up to the challenge. Hehehe.

2 comments:

dizzyme said...

yangkee, didn't realize it was that bad! hope you're feeling better. :)

eternaloptimist said...

Hehehe. Ok na po, Mare. I'm just out to prevent more blunders like that. :-) Hehe. Miss you!