Tuesday, June 19, 2007

An ATM booth moment

When: Two nights ago

Where: Metrobank ATM booth somewhere in Makati

What: After my withdrawal, while I was fixing my wallet, I accidentally dropped one of the Five Hundred Peso bills I withdrew. Since I was alone, and in a very small confined space, I didn't feel the need to pick up the bill right away. I was thinking that my bill won't go anywhere. So I took my time fixing my wallet (my red, Fino wallet which I absolutely love as it was given to my by a really cute guy on my birthday *wink*). After that, I looked at the floor to find my bill, but it was nowhere in sight... I was in corporate attire (read: black wide legged trousers, collared blouse and green stiletto pumps), so I tried to look for my bill as dignified and as poised as I can. However, my efforts at finding my bill in a dignified and poised manner proved to be futile, as my bill was absolutely nowhere in sight! At that point, I thought, CRAP! Might as well look for my precious bill with diligence, so I went down on all fours and looked for my bill... As I was searching for my bill on all fours, I heard a soft tap on the door... I looked behind me and saw a guy, also in corporate attire (Yes! Behind me, meaning my ass was facing him... Hehehe.) I quickly stood up and opened the ATM door booth, the guy asked "Are you ok?" I told him I was fine and that I was just looking for a Five Hundred Peso bill that seemingly disappeared in the ATM booth. He grinned then told me, "Oh, ok! I thought you slipped." Mr. Corporate Attire then offered to help me using his small flashlight, with matching hirit "Cute pa ang flashlight ko."

We then looked for my bill together (This time, of course, I was standing up. Hehehe.) Fortunately, Mr. Corporate Attire found my bill hidden under the steel railings. Whew! Buti na lang! :-) I thanked Mr. Corporate Attire and left the ATM booth happily. (As an aside, Mr. Corporate Attire noticed and complimented my green stilettos... Cute daw! Hehehe.)

To Mr. Corporate Attire, thanks for the help! There should be more people like you roaming the streets of Manila. :-)

No comments: