Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Ranting...

Somebody once close to me said that I rant quite often. Well, considering the number of things that had my blood pressure shoot up this week, I guess he was right...

So allow me to rant big time, and make a list of the things that annoyed me the past few days. I really just need to get this out of my system. Otherwise, I'd be breeding negative energies, and that's against my life philosophy. Hehehe.
  1. Mike Defensor's Political Ad. Geez!!! It's a dumb, useless, uninformative ad. To those of you who are fortunate enough not to have seen it, I'll describe it to you: It starts with a girl (I think it's Keanna Reeves) and a Manny Pacquiao lookalike calling out 'tol 'tol 'tol to Mike Defensor. He then dramatically looks back and waves to them. After, the girl and the guy in unison call out: Mike Defensor, Mike Defensor. He looks back and smiles. The camera then focuses on his face, and after a few seconds, out comes the text: 'tol, Mike Defensor. Argh! Annoying! How is that supposed to help the voters?! Whatever happened to platform and credentials?! I'm sorry if I had to describe the darned thing, but it was a necessary evil to get my point across. Hehehe.
  2. Mike Arroyo's stint at the House of Representatives. The man married to the president (I can't call him the First Gentleman, I don't think he's deserving of the title) is a disgrace. That episode with Alan Peter Cayetano just validates the fact that he is just that... A disgrace. One thing is for sure, I am from the Ateneo and I am ashamed of you, Mike Arroyo.
  3. Richard Gomez's Belo Ad. Along Edsa-Guadalupe is a billboard of Richard Gomez advertising the Belo Medical Group. What baffles me though is the text. It says: One Hope, One Vision, One Nation. Somebody, please explain to me how this promotes the Belo Medical Group!!! Geez. I've never been a fan of Richard Gomez (I think he's one conceited, self-righteous wannabe), but if he has political ambitions (which I think is quite obvious from the Belo Ad) why can't he be upfront about it?!!! I can at least give that much credit to Mike Defensor.
  4. Gretchen Barretto. God! The woman can't seem to keep her mouth shut! This thing with Lani Mercado just proves one thing: Money can't buy class.
  5. Coffee Buns. Actually, this didn't make my blood pressure rise, but I got a bit of a letdown yesterday when I couldn't find Delifrance's Coffee Buns in Glorietta. *sigh* Lori featured the coffee buns in her blog a few days ago, and since then I've been craving for them. Hmmmmmmm... I guess I'll just have to crave for a few more days...
Well, that's enough ranting for now. I hope I won't be ranting for a few more months. Hehehe. ;-)

2 comments:

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Add #6 to your rants: Manny Pacquiao running for office.

Our country is going to the dogs. Sigh.

eternaloptimist said...

Once again, I'm seriously considering my career options abroad.

Geez! Manny Pacquiao, Richard Gomez, and Cesar Montano?!!!

Ugh!