Saturday, February 10, 2007

My buns! My buns!

After days of running after the seemingly-elusive Delifrance coffee buns, fate finally gave in and allowed us meet...

It started with a meeting...

I was supposed to meet a friend in Starbucks-Greenbelt 1 noontime yesterday. I was there on time (naks!), but he, who was supposed to be in the area, was nowhere in sight. I was getting a bit bored and restless after my 10-minute stay in Starbucks so I decided to text him and tell him that I'd meet him in Delifrance instead. I thought it would be better to spend my time finding my buns instead of just sitting in Starbucks...

And as fate would have it... I found my buns!:-)

The moment I reached Delifrance's counter, I saw them... My beautifully tanned buns! I immediately lined up to buy... One? Two? A box? After shortly deliberating on it, I decided to buy just a couple. Two would be just right. It would be enough satisfy my craving without going overboard on carbs (I am, after all, trying to shed a few pounds). The buns looked so delicious, I was tempted to eat them as soon as the cashier handed them to me, but I resisted... I couldn't eat them in haste. Everything has to be right...

So I patiently waited and went about my day, eagerly anticipating my Delifrance coffee bun experience.

Finally! I got home. I wasted no time and immediately reheated the buns (45 seconds in the toaster, I was told) and ate them... Yummy! The bread was soft and the center had a buttery consistency that was just perfect. The coating had the right amount of texture and coffee taste that made the whole coffee bun experience complete... Oh, the delight! :-)

I finished my buns in less than 12 hours (so much for cutting on carbs!) and had more bought today... I guess it's safe to say I won't be losing weight anytime soon. Hahahaha. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I'm so happy you liked the buns! :D

Everyone at Delifrance felt so touched when they read your message. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Diana from DF

eternaloptimist said...

My pleasure! :-)

If you can come up with weight-and-hips-friendly coffee buns, I would be in heaven! ;-)