Thursday, September 13, 2007

The $uperficial

This is a rant. I am utterly disgusted, so please bear with me...

I don't understand how some people can think that spewing out mean words is cute. I don't get it. I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I can be pretty superficial myself. But geez... Some people can be mean, just plain mean. Case in point, after a reunion-of-sorts lunch with a bunch of my classmates, a classmate of mine approached a female classmate and oh-so-casually says "You should think about growing your hair, the highlights aren't working for you." WOW. What a way to say goodbye. And to think they aren't even close. I mean, what the heck, right? Then I found out this same person said this to another classmate who had just broken up with her boyfriend, "Hay ******, I'm glad you broke up with your boyfriend, 'coz I can't even bear to look at the guy's face. Didn't you notice? I don't look at him." GOD! The boyfriend this person was referring to happens to be a really nice guy who was utterly devoted to his girlfriend. So nice, in fact, that my friend (the one whose hair got "criticized") and I are hoping for a reconciliation. Even more annoying is the fact that the boyfriend isn't ugly or horrible looking at all. But hey, as far as this superficial person's concerned, that doesn't matter because apparently the boyfriend's looks are not are not at par with the superficial's standards. Am I overreacting? Please, tell me, 'coz I am seriously annoyed with this guy.

No comments: